- How do you know if your house is making you sick?
- Can my house be making us sick?
- How do you know if your really sick?
- How do you clean the air in your house?
- How do you know if mold is making me sick?
- Is the dust in my house making me sick?
- Can sleeping in a basement make you sick?
- What in my home could be making me sick?
- What in my house could be causing headaches?
- What are symptoms of black mold exposure?
- Can stagnant air make you sick?
- Is my carpet making me sick?
How do you know if your house is making you sick?
What are the symptoms of sick building syndrome?throat irritation.breathing difficulties.tightness in the chest.runny nose.allergy-like symptoms, such as sneezing.burning sensations in the nose.dry, itchy skin rashes.headaches.More items….
Can my house be making us sick?
Is your house making you sick? Don’t be surprised if the answer is yes. Toxins, pesticides, gases, mites, and molds are everywhere, and the more you’re exposed to them, the greater your risk for developing the health problems they can cause.
How do you know if your really sick?
Let’s get to it.Chest Pain. Chest pain could be caused by a number of different factors ranging from muscle soreness to a heart attack. … Abdominal Pain. … Sudden Weight Loss or Gain. … Changes in Appetite. … Fatigue or Weakness. … Shortness of Breath. … Nausea or Vomiting. … Difficulty Swallowing.More items…•
How do you clean the air in your house?
After all, breathing in clean air should be a priority.6 Natural Ways to Purify Air at Home.Increase Ventilation. Ventilating homes reduces moisture levels, a major problem for indoor air quality. … Beeswax Candles. … Salt Lamps. … Activated Charcoal. … Houseplants. … Essential Oils. … 10 Quick Tips.
How do you know if mold is making me sick?
Spahr. Symptoms of mold exposure may include headache, sore throat, runny nose, coughing, sneezing, watery eyes and fatigue. In those with asthma, asthma attacks can occur. In those with impaired immune systems, serious infection can occur.
Is the dust in my house making me sick?
The average home collects 40 pounds of dust every year. And living in it are microscopic bugs that multiply fast and can make you sick: dust mites. “Dust mites are one of the biggest predators that live in your home,” said Dr. Robert Glatter, an emergency room physician at New York City’s Lenox Hill Hospital.
Can sleeping in a basement make you sick?
Basement air naturally rises, and your home’s ductwork system helps facilitate that movement. As a result, you and your family may be susceptible to Sick Building Syndrome, a medical condition where people in a building suffer from symptoms of illness or feel unwell for no apparent reason.
What in my home could be making me sick?
Lead paint, pesticides, gases, mites and mold are among the culprits. The more you’re exposed to them, the greater your risk of illness. According to WebMD, sick-building syndrome usually results in a group of symptoms such as eye, nose and throat irritation, stuffiness, a feeling of spaciness, and skin rash.
What in my house could be causing headaches?
“The main indoor allergens that may trigger a headache are dust and mold,” says Mays. If you are allergic to either one, an allergy-free home may be the ticket to a headache-free home. Follow dust and mold tips such as: Reduce humidity with a home dehumidifier.
What are symptoms of black mold exposure?
The most common black mold symptoms and health effects are associated with a respiratory response. Chronic coughing and sneezing, irritation to the eyes, mucus membranes of the nose and throat, rashes, chronic fatigue and persistent headaches can all be symptomatic of black mold exposure or black mold poisoning.
Can stagnant air make you sick?
It can cause headaches, fatigue, dry skin and irritation of the respiratory and nasal tract, resulting in coughing and nasal and sinus congestion.
Is my carpet making me sick?
Scientists believe thousands of dust mites can survive on one ounce of carpet dust. Dangerous germs found in carpets can make you ill. The Norovirus, linked to causing stomach flu, can survive on an uncleaned carpet for more than one month. But using an older vacuum can cause more harm than good.